Do you want to start your career as a content writer?
Writing content is an art and many chose to become a content writer because of their self interest and its purely a skill based career.
Some write for newspapers content or articles and others may write to become successful authors like J. K. Rowling .
It’s a very open career path and to be honest the possibility to make career as a content writer is huge and sky is limit, just that it depends on you on how you can take it.
So sit back and relax. Today in this blog I will give you all the details and tips/tricks which will help you decide your career path as a content writer and what all is needed to become a good content writer.
Let’s Start Then.
What is Content Writing?
Before we deep dive into the career aspects and the How to parts. Lets discuss what exactly Content Writing is all about.
Well there are many definition to it but if we summarize it to one sentence, I would say :
Content writing is a form of online writing which is closely linked to web marketing campaigns.
This means creating the writing which appears on websites that are designed to sell or promote a specific product.
Content writing is normally related to SEO marketing campaigns and you as a content writer will majorly be focusing on the keywords or phrases researched by the marketers or been provided by clients.
Watch Out The Video …………………
So Who is a Content Writer?
A content writer is someone who create the content based on the requirements or briefs provided by the clients.
Briefs can mainly be the instructions and key points like the topic name and the SEO related requirements (keyword research or density) etc.
So if you want to become a content writer, then you may write contents for websites, blogs, articles, stories, newspaper articles, training modules and so on.
You don’t need any specialized degree or course to become a content writer.
But yes, a bachelor’s degrees in Journalism, English or Mass Communication, are the recommended degrees to become a Content Writer.
Career Opportunities as a Content Writer
If you have reached till this part, then definitely you must be having keen interest to be a content writer or you might be thinking to pursue career as a content writer.
So let’s discuss, what all are the different career paths in Content Writing.
- Web Content Writers
- Content for online consumption
- About the company, how does the company works, product/services, blogs/articles, information about the team members, customer testimonials, email marketing and so on.
- Create content that is optimized for the web.
- Roles and responsibilities depend upon which organization you are working with.
- Social media engagement : Create and post informative content on various Social Media platforms and manage them
- Content development : Research, create engaging blogs, promote and share blogs on platforms like Quora etc. You have to edit and proofread content as well.
- Email marketing : Creating and managing various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email.
- Collateral Development : Creating marketing collaterals such as Posters, Smart Fliers/Brochures, Videos, White Papers, Customer Case Studies, Student Testimonials etc.
- Content Writer For Marketing
- Write and coordinate content for newsletters, blogs, testimonials, email templates, corporate reports, presentations, etc. and juggles several content projects at the same time.
- Contribute to the company’s social channels (with emphasis on Facebook, Instagram, Quora, Twitter & LinkedIn).
- Helps plan and implement social marketing campaigns for specific marketing goals
- Stays up-to-date with best practices in writing for the web, social media trends, web usability, web design, search engine optimization, and business/industry trends.
How To Become a Content Writer
People who have the art to express their thoughts into words can become good content writers.
So if you want to become a good content writer then you have to do the following steps :
- Read and Write regularly
- Research a lot
- Stick to a particular topic
- Understand the audience for whom you are writing
- Be creative
- Have a killer title and first paragraph
- Don’t Exaggerate. Keep It Simple
- Edit, Read, Edit, Read…. Repeat
Tips for effective blog article writing
1.Pick your topic
2.Formulate your approach with an outline
3.Understand search engine optimization (SEO)
4.Make your content skimmable
5.Illustrate your point with images
6.Tell people what to do
7.Read and re-read
8.Make use of social media