Do you have a blog or website? are you tracking the visitors on regular basis? If not, its time you integrate Google Analytics tool to analyse your website traffic. There are many free and paid tools available in the market. In this article we are focussing on how to integrate Google Analytics with your WordPress blog or website.
Google Analytics is a free tool provided by Google which is used for website analysis and statistics. It works on a small piece of code inserted in your website pages that loads, when a user visits your website the activity gets tracked by the tool. Free option is more sufficient for small scale and mid-sized business but for large scale business or to analysis larger statistics or if you need more in-depth data then you might want to opt for a premium option.
4 Reasons Why Google Analytics is Important For Your Business?
- Calculate Traffic: It can help you track how many visitors visit your site ever day, every week, every month, every year, year on year and it can also help you compare traffic of different months.
- Customer Behavior: Google Analytics can also help you understand your customer behavior, you can track and understand what people do on your website, how much time time they spend on your site, which is the most visited pages on your website.
- Sources: The best part of Google Analytics is the info it provides on the sources of the website visitors. It will tell you how many people directly came on your site organically, how many people came through other websites where your website is listed, how many people came to your site
- Customization Possibilities: Google analytics allow you to customize your goals, customize your reports and customize the display of the results which can help you understand the market better.
I love Google Analytics because every time I visit the website to track results of my website – I get an idea, an idea for my next blog post on the basis of behavior. Google analytics helps you in finding more insights and answers for queries related to your website which will help you in taking a better business decision. It provides enough evidence to understand your business’ digital presence and know are you going in proper direction to bring profit for your investment or taken a wrong direction and wasting your money and time.
Links to Previous Lessons:
- Lesson 1 – The Opportunity in Digital Marketing
- Lesson 2 – Understanding the Modules in Digital Marketing
- Lesson 3 – What is the Best Way to Learn Digital Marketing?
- Lesson 4 – How to Create Your First Website to Practice Digital Marketing
- Less0n 5 – Setting Up Your WordPress Blog
- Lesson 6 – Basics of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)